Brno, February 21, 2013 – This week ZETOR TRACTORS a.s., a well-established producer of agricultural machinery, is beginning serial production of its new tractor Zetor Major. The first tractors will not only be used in the Czech Republic but will also head to Great Britain, Poland, Ireland, USA, and Denmark. Zetor anticipates manufacturing around 900 units of Zetor Major tractors by the end of this year.
„We have confirmed orders for more than 350 units of Zetor Major model for January to April 2013, which amounts to more than we anticipated. This means our production planned for this period has already been reached,” says Marián Lipovský, Deputy CEO and Production Director of ZETOR TRACTORS a.s.“ We are very pleased with the level of interest in our new model. Development so far is also in keeping with our original projection in which we revealed our expectations to manufacture 900 tractors during 2013,” adds Lipovský.
When developing the latest model, i.e. Zetor Major, the company worked together with external development specialists. ZETOR TRACTORS a.s. is also offering other external development teams the chance to co-operate in the future. “In terms of our plans, I can confirm that Zetor Major is not our last hot new product. Our customers may look forward to seeing our new models in the Zetor portfolio,” concludes Marián Lipovský.
Zetor Major - Basic Information
- The new Zetor Major belongs to the output category up to 80 Horsepower and is intended for owners of smaller or family farms.
- One of the key features is the price/output ratio. It is a reliable, efficient and low-maintenance model with a 4-cylinder engine.
- The new Major follows the model of the same name that was one of the most successful tractors in history of Zetor and built a reputation of a tractor to serve you throughout life.
Detailed Technical Information
- The torque increase (more than 35%) reduces the need for downshifting. The engine output stays constant in a wide scope of revolutions.
- The new Zetor Major is equipped with a fully synchronized 4-stage transmission with a 3-stage reduction and reversion and enables 12 speeds forwards and 12 speeds backwards.
- Hydraulics with mechanical regulation is applied.
- The hydraulic system operates in usual control modes – i.e. position, force and mixed. It is distinguished not only by its high lifting capacity, but also by its continuous start regulation including a hydraulic lock when transporting tools.
- The tractor is fitted with a 2-section or an additional 1-section switchgear.
- Major´s comfort cabin is designed with respect to practical needs. Ample space and ergonomic control elements make the operator´s work easier. At the customer´s request, the cabin may be equipped with air conditioning and prepared for installing a radio. It also has a roof window for safe work with the front-end loader.
- Moreover, it is possible to fit out the tractor with a roof light, various 3-point suspension endings and tyre dimensions.